Highlights from Vania’s legal work list include:
- advising client in the preparation of public procurement documentation and organizing of a selection procedure for appointment of an EPC contractor to be assigned with the execution of ecologization of three of the plant’s units, as well advising on matters in the areas of energy, environmental and corporate law.
- advising foreign credit institution in regards to a security package related to the financing of the acquisition by foreign investor of a holding incorporating several companies operating six hydro-power plants in Bulgaria;
- advising a leading European private equity investment group for the purpose of conducting a legal due diligence of two Bulgarian companies acting in the field of non-banking financial services and for rendering advice on broad range of regulatory issues;
- advising a client in EUR 3,000,000 successful appeal in public procurement litigation proceedings against the Bulgarian Ministry of Finance for award of translation services;
- advising and representing GlaxoSmithKline Ltd In public procurement procedures for delivery of vaccines awarded by the Bulgarian Ministry of Health;
- advising Hughes Blake Accountants, Republic of Ireland, on trans-border insolvency proceedings of a Bulgarian subsidiary of an Irish holding company. The main activities of the holding company consisted of purchasing and developing land for investment and sales. The proceedings were initiated with regard to liquidation of the assets of the Bulgarian entity for execution of outstanding receivables of the investors in the Irish holding;
- successfully representing a retailer of aesthetic devices before the Bulgarian Competition Protection Commission and the Supreme Administrative Court in an unfair competition case brought by a competitor.
- acting as local counsel to DWF LLP, to a case before an English court concerning insurance damages claims;
- representing a foreign investor with regard to a potential arbitration dispute with the Bulgarian state in relation to certain energy projects in Bulgaria.